Yet Another Scalloped Potatoes With Cheese
- 4 c
- potatoes sliced on the thin side thin
- 1/2 c
- onions, diced or sliced
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 c
- grated cheese, your favorite (i prefer a strong cheddar)
- milk, enough to barely cover the potatoes
- small chopped parsley, chives or green herb of choice for garnish (optional)
How to Make Yet Another Scalloped Potatoes With Cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350
- 2Grease your baking pan and spread half of your potatoes on the bottom of the dish, overlapping as necessary and then layer half of the onions.
- 3In a small separate bowl, mix your flour, butter, salt and pepper then sprinkle half of this mixture over the potatoes. Next cover this layer with half of your cheese.
- 4Repeat to create your second layer and now add milk and cook for 45 minutes or until the potatoes are good and tender and the milk is absorbed and or thickened.
- 5Sprinkle with your favorite chopped fresh herb.
- 6NOTE: If the pan is at all shallow place a larger catch pan or sheet of foil under the baking pan to save on oven cleaning.