Toad in hole twice baked potatoes
- 4 large
- russet potatoes scrubbed clean
- 4 slice
- 1/4 c
- 1 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- scallion minced separate white and green parts
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh parsley chopped
- 4 medium
- salt and pepper
How to Make Toad in hole twice baked potatoes
- 1prick potatoes and microwave for about 15 minutes. Let cool a bit.
- 2Cook bacon and remove to paper towel and reserve the bacon grease.
- 3Cut tops off potatoes and scoop out center leaving a 1/4 inch thick shell. Discard the tops.
- 4Place the scooped out potatoes in a bowl and add remaining ingredients except green parts of scallions and eggs.
- 5Divide evenly among the potato shells. Push back of spoon down in center to make a large well.
- 6Crack an egg into each well. Some of the whites will ooze out but that is ok.
- 7Bake at preheated 375 degree oven for 25 minutes or until whites are set. Sprinkle with green parts of scallions to serve.