2 lbsalmon, skinless filet
1 bag(s)baby spinach
2 lbwhite or yukon potatoes
1 mediumsweet onion (quarted and sliced)
1 pkgcream cheese
2 tspminced garlic
1/2 cgrated parmesan cheese
1/2 tspred pepper flakes
1/4 cextra virgin olive oil
·salt & pepper to taste
LEMON BUTTER CREAM SAUCE
1/2 cfresh lemon juice
1 cmoscato wine
1/4 cshallots (diced or minced)
1 stickbutter (unsalted)
1/2 cheavy cream
How to Make The Salmontine
- You will need a large skillet with top; a saute pan and 2 medium non stick pots.
- Cut the salmon into 4 (1/2 lb) filets. Season with kosher salt and pepper and set to the side.
- Take your potatoes, peel, rinse and sliced in circular slices. Take 3/4 of the onions and set to the side. Heat EVOO in the large skillet and add the potatoes. Top with the onions. Saute until they start to soften and crisp around the edges. Add 10 oz of water, cover and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer until the potatoes are soft but firm...around 15 mins.
- While the potatoes are simmering take the rest of the onion and dice it. Add that to the medium pot and saute with EVOO. Add the spinach and pepper flakes. Saute until wilted. add the Parmesan, garlic and cream cheese (your desired creaminess will determine how much you add). Turn heat to low and let this simmer.
- Take a small to medium size non stick pot and melt the stick of butter on med-low heat. Add the shallots and saute until they become translucent. add the wine & lemon juice and turn the heat up slightly to get a nice simmer. Simmer for five minutes. Add the cream and reduce the heat slightly. Let this simmer while you check on the other items and cook your salmon.
- Heat 1/4 c. EVOO in the saute pan (if you have a non stick grill pan this will work as well). Add the Salmon and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Add time if the filets are thick and need an extra minute.
- Plating: Take 4 plates and repeat the plating stack for each one.
Take your potatoes and layer it at the bottom of the plate.
Take the creamed spinach (a large serving spoon size) and stack it n top of the potatoes.
Take a salmon filet and stack it on top of the spinach.