Stefano's Cheesy Fan Potatoes
Daune (pronounced "Dawn") Browne
8medium yukon gold potatoes, skin on
1/2 cbutter, room temperature
2 clovegarlic, chopped
1-1/2 cgrated aged cheddar cheese
1/4 cgrated parmesan cheese
·salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cwhipping cream
2 Tbspchopped chives for garnish
·sour cream, for serving
How to Make Stefano's Cheesy Fan Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Combine butter, garlic, 1/2 cup cheddar, Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Without cutting all the way through, make 1/4-inch slices into the potato.
- Spoon butter mixture onto potatoes and transfer to baking dish. Cover and bake until potatoes are just tender, about 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Uncover and drizzle about 2 heaping teaspoons whipping cream over top of each potato and then sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheddar.
- Bake until potatoes ae fork tender and cheese melts, about 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Garnish with chives and serve with sour cream.