Stefano's Cheesy Fan Potatoes
Daune (pronounced "Dawn") Browne
- medium yukon gold potatoes, skin on
- 1/2 c
- butter, room temperature
- 2 clove
- garlic, chopped
- 1-1/2 c
- grated aged cheddar cheese
- 1/4 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 c
- whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped chives for garnish
- sour cream, for serving
How to Make Stefano's Cheesy Fan Potatoes
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- 2Combine butter, garlic, 1/2 cup cheddar, Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 3Without cutting all the way through, make 1/4-inch slices into the potato.
- 4Spoon butter mixture onto potatoes and transfer to baking dish. Cover and bake until potatoes are just tender, about 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- 5Uncover and drizzle about 2 heaping teaspoons whipping cream over top of each potato and then sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheddar.
- 6Bake until potatoes ae fork tender and cheese melts, about 15 to 20 minutes more.
- 7Garnish with chives and serve with sour cream.