☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 Tbsp
- oil of your choice
- 1 small
- onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic, finely chopped
- 2 lb
- frozen hash browns, thawed
- 10 3/4 oz
- cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup, not diluted
- 2 c
- finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 stick
- melted butter
- 2 Tbsp
- black pepper
- scallion, green only, finely chopped
How to Make Southern Goodness Potato Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish, and set aside.
- 2Over medium heat, add your oil to a preheated skillet and add your onion. After the onion starts to turn translucent, add the chopped garlic. Stir for about a minute, and take off the heat.
- 3In a large bowl, add the hash browns, soup, and cheese, and mix well. Add the melted onions and garlic, butter, scallions, and black pepper. Mix again, and pour into the baking dish.
- 4Bake for 1 hour, or until the top looks brown, crispy, and delicious.
You can serve with a dollop of sour cream, if you'd like.