- 1/4 lb
- bacon, you can precook it if you like but you do not need to
- 2 medium
- onions, thinly sliced
- 4 medium
- potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb
- cheddar cheese, sliced (shredded is perfectly fine)
- salt and pepper to taste
- green onions, optional
How to Make Slow Cooker Cheesy Bacon Potatoes
- 1Line crock pot with foil, leaving enough to cover the potatoes when finished – this will help to not stick and to steam the potatoes – also to keep them from getting discolored or mushy.
- 2Layer half each of the bacon, onions and potatoes in the crock pot. Season to taste with salt and pepper and dot with (real) butter.
- 3Repeat layers of bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese. Dot with butter. Cover with remaining foil.
- 4Cover and cook on low for up to 6 hours (check at 4 hours – depending on your crock pot). Add cheese for the last 20 – 30 minutes and enjoy!