1 can(10-3/4 oz.) cream of celery, chicken, or mushroom soup (*see note)
several dash(es)each, salt and black pepper
4 cupsthinly sliced, peeled potatoes
1 smallonion, thinly sliced or diced
1 tablesp.butter, cut into thin slices
several dash(es)of paprika
How to Make Scalloped Potatoes
- In a bowl blend together, the soup, milk, salt and pepper. Set bowl aside.
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Grease the inside of a 1-1/2 quart casserole baking dish with butter.
- In the baking dish, alternate layers of potatoes, onion, and the soup/milk mixture.
- Top the last layer with thin slices of butter, and sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover baking dish, and bake in oven for 1 hour.
- Uncover baking dish, and continue to bake for 15 minutes more.
- Serve immediately, but be careful, as potatoes are 'hot'.
- *Note: If desired, you can substitute either a can of cheddar cheese soup, or fiesta nacho cheese soup, for any of the cream of celery, chicken, or mushroom soup.
- Additional note: I have also cooked these potatoes in my 1,100 watt microwave oven, which I cooked for 10 minutes on power level 7, then stirred. Cooked for another 10 minutes on power level 7, then stirred. Cooked for 5 more minutes on power level 7, then served.