Savory Sweet Potato Skins
Blue Ribbon Recipe
I prefer my sweet potatoes savory and this is a yummy way serve them. I loved the addition of the bell peppers and chicken. These are hearty enough for a meal, but could be cut into smaller pieces for an appetizer. And there's no such thing as too much cheese! The Test Kitchen
1large sweet potato
2mini sweet bell peppers
1/2grilled chicken breast
3/4 - 1 ccubed mozzarella and sharp cheddar cheese
1 tspolive oil
1 Tbspchopped cilantro
1/4 cteriyaki sauce
How to Make Savory Sweet Potato Skins
- Preheat oven 425. Bake the whole sweet potato until tender (about 30-40 minutes).
- In the meantime, slice bell peppers lengthwise and slightly char them over open flame on stovetop. Set aside.
- Let potato cool (10 minutes). Slowly cut potato lengthwise. Lower oven temp to 350.
- Using a spoon, carefully scoop out potato meat, leaving the skins as in tact as possible.
- Oil your baking pan. Place potatoes into pan.