Savory Sweet Potato Skins
Blue Ribbon Recipe
I prefer my sweet potatoes savory and this is a yummy way serve them. I loved the addition of the bell peppers and chicken. These are hearty enough for a meal, but could be cut into smaller pieces for an appetizer. And there's no such thing as too much cheese! The Test Kitchen
- large sweet potato
- mini sweet bell peppers
- grilled chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 3/4 - 1 c
- cubed mozzarella and sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp
- olive oil
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped cilantro
- 1/4 c
- teriyaki sauce
How to Make Savory Sweet Potato Skins
- 1Preheat oven 425. Bake the whole sweet potato until tender (about 30-40 minutes).
- 2In the meantime, slice bell peppers lengthwise and slightly char them over open flame on stovetop. Set aside.
- 3Let potato cool (10 minutes). Slowly cut potato lengthwise. Lower oven temp to 350.
- 4Using a spoon, carefully scoop out potato meat, leaving the skins as in tact as possible.
- 7Oil your baking pan. Place potatoes into pan.