Potato Skins with Cheddar, Bacon and Shallots
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
8 mediumbaking potatoes, scrubbed
8 sliceapple-wood smoked bacon, thick cut
3 mediumshallots, finely chopped
3/4 chalf and half
1/2 cshredded cheddar cheese
·salt and white pepper
3 Tbspfresh parsley, chopped
How to Make Potato Skins with Cheddar, Bacon and Shallots
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Prick the potato skins all over with a fork.
- Bake in the oven for about 45–50 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a frying pan over medium-high heat about 4 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from pan, chop into small pieces and set aside.
- Add the shallots and cook until they soften, about 1 minute more.
- Slice each potato in half, horizontally.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh into a large bowl.
- Reserve the hollowed-out skins and place in a lightly oiled baking dish.
- Mash the potato with a potato masher.
- Add the milk and butter, and beat until smooth.
- Stir in the cheddar, bacon and shallots and parsley. Season with salt and white pepper.
- Spoon the mixture back into the potato skins and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the filling is heated through and golden on top.
- Serve hot with extra chopped parsley, cheddar or scallions sprinkled on top, if desired.