Potato Skins with Cheddar, Bacon and Shallots
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 8 medium
- baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 8 slice
- apple-wood smoked bacon, thick cut
- 3 medium
- shallots, finely chopped
- 3/4 c
- half and half
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and white pepper
- 3 Tbsp
- fresh parsley, chopped
- scallions, chopped
How to Make Potato Skins with Cheddar, Bacon and Shallots
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Prick the potato skins all over with a fork.
- 3Bake in the oven for about 45–50 minutes, until tender.
- 4Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a frying pan over medium-high heat about 4 minutes, until golden.
- 5Remove from pan, chop into small pieces and set aside.
- 6Add the shallots and cook until they soften, about 1 minute more.
- 7Slice each potato in half, horizontally.
- 8Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh into a large bowl.
- 9Reserve the hollowed-out skins and place in a lightly oiled baking dish.
- 10Mash the potato with a potato masher.
- 11Add the milk and butter, and beat until smooth.
- 12Stir in the cheddar, bacon and shallots and parsley. Season with salt and white pepper.
- 13Spoon the mixture back into the potato skins and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the filling is heated through and golden on top.
- 14Serve hot with extra chopped parsley, cheddar or scallions sprinkled on top, if desired.