Garnish them with some sour cream and scallions!
You can also make these with left over mashed potatoes. You will need approximately 3 1/2 cups of mashed potatoes.
Don't want to fry them, bake them instead! Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place patties on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the center of the oven. If you want a crispier crust, bake them on the lowest shelf and flip them half way thru the cooking time.
2 1/3 cinstant mashed potatoes
5scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
1 cshredded sharp cheddar cheese
·salt to taste
·ground black pepper to taste
1 cpanko bread crumbs
1/4 ccanola oil
How to Make Potato Patties
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat milk, water, butter and ½ teaspoon salt just to boiling. Remove and mix in potato flakes until well blended.
- Add scallions, cheese, salt and pepper and mix well. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Place Panko bread crumbs into shallow bowl. Shape potato mixture into 8 equal size patties.
- Dredge each patty in bread crumbs on both sides.
- Heat a medium size frying pan over medium-high heat, add oil. When oil is hot, place potato patties in pan, working in batches if necessary (keep warm in a 175 degree oven). Flip patties when golden brown and fry until both sides are golden, approximately 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve garnished with sour cream and chopped scallions, if desired.