Pot Luck Mashed Potatoes (Make Ahead)
- 8 - 10 medium
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 8 oz
- cream cheese
- 4 Tbsp
- 1¼ c
- green onion, thinly sliced, divided
- 1 ½ tsp
- ½ tsp
- ground black pepper
- 2 clove
- garlic, finely minced
- 1½ tsp
- onion powder
- ¼ tsp
- marjoram (optional)
- 2 slice
- bacon, cooked & crumbled
- milk or half & half (amt. varies)
How to Make Pot Luck Mashed Potatoes (Make Ahead)
- 1Boil potatoes in stock pot on top of the stove until tender; drain and return to stockpot.
- 2Mash next nine ingredients right into the potatoes in the stockpot. (I sometimes add a little extra milk, cream or sour cream to make extra creamy.)
- 3Turn into the removable crock from crock pot and refrigerate if this is being made ahead of serving time.
- 4Remove from fridge 2 - 3 hours and allow to come to room temperature. Dot with additional butter and sprinkle with paprika. Place in crock pot base and cook on LOW for 2 - 3 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
- 5If taking to a pot luck - take right in the crock pot. They will stay hot for hours.