Pj's Potato Skins
1 largegreen pepper (chopped)
1 largeonion (finely chopped)
6 ozportobello mushrooms (finely chopped)
2 Tbspbacon grease or oil of your choice.
2 csharp shredded cheddar cheese
1 pkgbacon (cook crisp and crumbled)
2 stalk(s)green onion
·sour cream or spicy ranch, or chipotle sauce (chili's style)
How to Make Pj's Potato Skins
- Preheat oven 375
- Microwave potato's (Potato Express microwave potato cooker is awesome!)
- Let cool enough to handle, cut in half long ways, scoop out potato leaving a potato edge of about 1/4-1/2 in.
- Add bacon grease or your choice of oil in med. skillet, add chopped onion, mushroom, green pepper, salt and pepper, saute until vegetables are tender.
- Line cookie sheet with tin foil, put potato's on the cookie sheet in 2 rows.
- Fill each potato with about 2 reg. size spoonfuls (cover the bottom of the potato until no potato white is showing) sprinkle some crumpled bacon on top.
- Fill each potato the rest of the way up with a mound (over the top of edge) of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Bake until cheese is melted, top with bacon, sour cream, green onions. Salt & pepper if needed.
- Use potato you scooped out in next nights dinner, potato patty's, mashed potato's, add to potato soup (will thicken) or anything else you can think of!