Pimento Cheese 'Tator Tots'
- 3 medium
- russet potatoes, scrubbed (about 2 lbs)
- scallions, chopped
- 1/2 c
- bread crumbs, seasoned
- 1 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted room temperture
- 4 Tbsp
- pimento cheese with jalapenos
- 1/4 c
- heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 2 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- grated parmesian cheese
- 2 large
- eggs, beaten to blend
- 3 c
- vegetable oil
How to Make Pimento Cheese 'Tator Tots'
- 1Preheat oven to 400 F. Prick potatoes all over with a fork.
Bake directly on oven rack until very soft when squeezed.
- 2Cut potatoes in half and scoop out the flesh into a medium size bowl. Discard skins. Mash, then mix in scallions, breadcrumbs, cream, pimemto cheese, butter, garlic powder, 2 tsp. salt and 2 tablespoons of parmesian cheese.
Mix in egg just to combine. Roll 1 tablespoon portions of the potatoe mixture into balls.
- 3Pour oil into a medium skillet and heat over medium heat until bubbles form imediately when a little potato mixture is added.
Working in batches fry tots until deep golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels and serve with the remaining pimento cheese and a dip.