Old Fashioned Potato Salad
Potato salad is best made from potatoes cooked in their jackets and peeled and marinated while still warm.
Small red waxy potatoes hold their shape when sliced or diced and do not absorb an excessive amount of dressing or become mushy
- 2 lb
- potatoes (5 to 6 medium), peeled and cut into 3/4- inch chunks
- 1 c
- hellmann's (or best foods) real mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp
- ground black pepper
- 1 c
- thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 c
- chopped onion
- 2 large
- hard cooked eggs, chopped (optional)
How to Make Old Fashioned Potato Salad
- 1Cover potatoes with water in 4- quart pot; bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.
- 2Combine mayonanaise, vinegar, salt, sugar and pepper in large bowl.
- 3Add potatoes, celery, onion and eggs and toss gently.
- 4Serve at room temperature or cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. If desired sprinkle with paprika.