Not Just for Breakfast Smashbrowns
How to Make Not Just for Breakfast Smashbrowns
- 1Boil potatoes and garlic in salted water until almost done, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 2In a pan, saute the shallots in tablespoon of canola oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 3Coarsely mash the potatoes and garlic. Add the sauteed shallots. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Heat remaining oil and butter on medium in a frying pan. Add the potato mixture and fry until crispy and golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- 5Using a large spatula, flip the potatoes over and continue cooking until golden brown, another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.