MarthaRayDeen's Deep Fried Whole Spuds
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 mediumpre-cooked baking potatoes
1/4 cpanko crumbs
2 tspsalt and pepper
·enough oil for a deep fryer
How to Make MarthaRayDeen's Deep Fried Whole Spuds
- These MUST be made in a deep fryer. Preheat your fryer to 350-375 degrees, and use a drop in basket for safety when frying them.
- Pre-cook your potatoes (I prick them with a fork then wrap my potatoes with plastic wrap and microwave each for approx. 10 minutes in the microwave). You want them to feel "soft" to the touch when they are done. Let them cool enough to handle, but not cool all the way down.
- Unwrap the potatoes and while they still have some moisture, dip them into the cornstarch, covering evenly all over.
- Next, dip the potatoes into the egg mixture, and finally roll in the panko crumbs, coating evenly and thoroughly. If you don't get a good covering, re-dip in egg then back into the Panko crumbs.
- Drop ONE potato at a time into the deep fryer using a basket (do NOT plop them into the hot oil) , and cook JUST until it turns golden brown (2-3 minutes). You aren't cooking the potato, just getting the crust nice and crispy.
Remove and let cool while you finish the remaining potatoes.
Cut open and place your desired topping into the potato.
Makes a GREAT presentation, and your kids will actually eat the skin on THIS potato :)