☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 c
- leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 Tbsp
- shredded cheddar cheese (i use sharp)
- strips of cooked bacon-finely diced
- 1/3 c
- diced onions
- 1 1/2 c
- italian bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- ranch or honey mustard for dipping
How to Make Leftover Mashed Potato balls
- 1Take Potatoes out of fridge & let sit for a few minutes to take the chill off. Shred cheese, chop onions and cook bacon then dice finely. Add potatoes and flour to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine well then add cheese, bacon and onions. Take a heaping Tablespoon of mixture and roll with hands into a small ball. If it does not hold its shape, add a little more flour to make the potatoes sturdy. Repeat until done.
- 2Heat Oil in a medium sauce pan - or use your fryer-over medium/medium high heat to about 350-375 degrees. Whisk egg into a small bowl and season with salt & pepper. Place bread crumbs in an additional blow. Dip each ball in egg and then roll in bread crumbs until fully coated. Set aside on a sheet pan.
- 3Test oil with one ball. The oil should bubble when potato is in oil and ball should take about 1-2 minutes to brown and cook through (if it takes longer the oil needs to be hotter, if it browned too quickly on the outside and the inside is still cold, the temperature needs to be lower). Once oil is ready, add potato balls in small batches and fry for 1-2 minutes-it will depend on size. Remove with slotted spoon and place on paper lined plate to allow excess oil to drain off. Repeat until done.
- 4Allow to cool for a minute or two and serve with dipping sauce.