Leek ~ Bacon & Gouda Stuffed Hashbrown
- 1 1/2 lb
- grated russet potatoes
- & pepper to taste
- 3 1/2 - 4 oz
- shredded, gouda cheese
- med leek, cut in half and sliced ( discard the tough dark green tops.)
- 5 slice
- bacon, cooked and crumbled
- for frying - i used some bacon fat
How to Make Leek ~ Bacon & Gouda Stuffed Hashbrown
- 11Take a large enough plate, bigger than skillet and place over skillet and flip pan so the patty is on the plate. (Or can carefully flip with wide spatula.)
Add more oil to the pan and place slide potatoes back into pan, uncooked side down. Place lid back on pan and cook another 10 minutes, or until golden and potatoes are tender.
- 12Place plate back on top of pan and carefully flip pan back over . Cut into pie shapes and serve.
Note: I've made individual stuffed patties as well. You may prefer to do them that way. ( same technique) Just easier to flip, if afraid to try pan, plate method.
Just something different than plain old potatoes...my family loves them, along side of eggs.