Jennie's Ham & Cheesy Potatoes Casserole
- white potatoes, depending on size
- 8 oz
- cheddar cheese (or any variety)
- 2-3 c
- ham, cubed
- 1 medium
- onion, diced
- butter for sautéing
- 3 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- 1½ c
- salt & pepper, to taste
- ½ - 1 c
- additional milk
1. Butter a 3 qt. (or up to a 13 x 9") baking dish.
2. Spread ⅓ of the white sauce over the bottom of the dish.
3. Layer ½ of the potatoes, ½ of the onions, ½ of the ham, and ½ of the cheese.
4. Spoon over ½ of the remaining white sauce.
5. Repeat layers of the rest of the potatoes, onion, white sauce, and finish with ham and cheese on top.
6. Drizzle additional milk over the top of the prepared casserole. If the white sauce was barely thickened, just add ½ cup of milk. If the white sauce got more thickened while making it, add a little more milk, but no more than 1 cup or the casserole will be soupy. But if you like it that way... =^..^=