Italian Cheese Hasselback Potatoes
4-5 Tbspbutter, melted
1 Tbspfresh parsley, chopped
1 Tbspfresh basil, chopped
1 Tbspfresh oregano, chopped
4 clovegarlic, minced
1/2 cshredded mozzarella (or cheddar)
4 slicebacon, cooked, drained, crumbled small
How to Make Italian Cheese Hasselback Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice potatoes Hasselback style, making very thin slices but being very careful not to cut all the way through.
- In a small bowl, mix together melted butter, parsley, basil, oregano and garlic.
- In a small frying pan, fry up the bacon until crisp. Drain well on paper towels. Crumble & set aside.
- Line a baking dish with foil. Spray with non-stick spray. Arrange potatoes in baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil, then using your hands rub the oil all over the surface of the potatoes.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Then take out and, using a basting brush give a nice coating with the butter-herb mixture.
- Place back into the oven for 15 minutes, then baste again.
- Repeat baking & basting every 15 minutes until potatoes are tender inside and browned & crispy on the outer edges. 1/2 way through baking, sprinkle a little Parmesan, then baste.
- When potatoes are done (about an hour or so), sprinkle with some shredded cheese, and bake for 5-10 minutes more just until cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and top immediately with the crumbled bacon.