Ed is a wonderful cook,I'd try any of his recipes.
- 6 large potatoes,peeled and quartered
- 8 large carrots,peeled and cut into chunks(smaller than the potatoes)
- 4 large onions,peeled and sliced
- 3 t. butter
- 1 t. black pepper,or to taste
- 1 t. salt,or to taste
- 1/2 t. thyme
How to Make Ed's Hutspot
- 1Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and add water to cover. Layer the carrots and then the onions on top. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes and carrots are fork tender. Drain, reserving some of the cooking liquid. Roughly mash the vegetables. Add butter if desired and salt, pepper and thyme. Add some of the cooking liquid, just enough to reach your desired consistency (about 1/4 Cup) and mash again.