Hash Brown Casserole
- 1 (2 pound) bag of cubed frozen hash browns,thawed
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 can condense cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
How to Make Hash Brown Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Add the hash browns into a large bowl; set aside.
- 3In a microwave safe bowl, heat the butter with the soup. Stir often until butter is melted and combined with soup.
- 4Remove and mix in the onion, cheese, sour cream, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- 5Pour this mixture in with the hash browns and mix until thoroughly combined. Place potato mixture into a greased 13x9 casserole dish/pan or 3 quart casserole dish.
- 6Bake the casserole uncovered for 40-45 minutes.