☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 3/4 lbrusset potatoes
1 1/2 conion, chopped
How to Make German Potatoes
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Rinse with cold water. Drain.
- Pat potatoes dry with kitchen towels.
- Pour oil into heavy deep skillet to depth of 3/4-inch.
- Heat over medium-high heat until thermometer registers 375F.
- Working in batches, add potatoes to skillet; cook until light golden, about 15 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer potatoes to paper towels. Cool.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and paprika and saute until onions are golden, about 5 minutes. (Can be prepared 8 hours ahead. Cover separately and keep at room temperature).
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in skillet with sauteed onions over medium-high heat.
- Add potatoes and saute until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Season mixture to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread mixture on heavy large baking sheet.
- Bake until potatoes are cooked through and crisp, about 15 minutes.