Fannie Farmer's Classic Baked Macaroni & Cheese
1 boxmacaroni (8 oz or 1 1/2 cups uncooked)
1 ccream (i use heavy whipping cream or half & half)
·fresh ground pepper to taste
2 cshredded sharp cheddar cheese (best with good quality name brand)
How to Make Fannie Farmer's Classic Baked Macaroni & Cheese
- Preheat oven 400, Pam spray or butter baking dish (I use 1 1/2 qt. or if I double the recipe, I use 9x13) Cook macaroni noodles as directed and drain.
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter.
- Add salt and pepper to flour, whisk into butter until well blended.
- Add milk and cream in gradually stirring constantly.
- Bring to boiling point and boil 2 min. stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, add shredded cheddar cheese until all cheese is melted.
- Add macaroni to mixture, coat all macaroni.
- Transfer to baking dish (pam sprayed or buttered) Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and bake 20 min. until golden brown and bubbly.