Family Favorite Hashbrowns
I hope you try them sometime...they are great any time of day. Recipe can easily be doubled for larger crowds.
- about 2 c
- shredded or julienned peeled and washed potatoes (about 3)
- about 3 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- grated onion
- 1 1/4 tsp
- black pepper to taste ( i do about 3 grinds )
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder - optional
- eggs, blended
- of rosemary - optional
- cream for serving - optional
- for frying & i add some bacon grease for added flavor
How to Make Family Favorite Hashbrowns
- 2Get your pan preheated well, about 5 minutes before you have the potatoes mixed...want it good and hot, but not smoking.
Drain potatoes well on paper towels. Place in medium bowl and add remaining ingredients. Toss to thoroughly combine.
Note: You can make one large patty the way I did, if you julienne or make patties if grated or shredded.
- 3When grease is hot, place patties into pan. ( I sprinkle mine with some Rosemary and red pepper flakes now.)
Fry on one side until good and brown, then flip to other side and continue until golden. I cut mine into 4 large portions, equally to make it easier to flip.
I tried to flip the whole thing, sometimes it works and sometimes it don't :)