Dutch-Style Potato Bake
It's actually of Dutch origin, not German (but it was the closest cuisine, so I selected it).
- 5 c
- potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 c
- tart apples, chopped (granny smith is good)
- 1 1/2 c
- sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 3 Tbsp
- cooking oil
- 2 tsp
- dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- 3 slice
- bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 Tbsp
- green onions, thinly sliced
How to Make Dutch-Style Potato Bake
- 1Toss together the potatoes, apples, sauerkraut, oil, mustard, salt and pepper. Transfer to a lightly greased 9x13-inch (23x33cm) baking dish.
- 2Bake at 400°F (205°C) for 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until potato and apple are tender and just starting to brown.
- 3Scatter crumbled bacon and sliced green onion on top. Serve hot.