Crockpot bacon hasselback potatoes
How to Make Crockpot bacon hasselback potatoes
- 1Wash potatoes and cut thin slices almost all the way through but stop about 1/4 inch from the bottom, so that the potato stays together. DO NOT SLICE ALL THE WAY THROUGH.
- 2Fill a pan with enough water to cover potatoes and bring to a boil. Place potatoes in water and boil 4 minutes. Take potatoes out of water, drain and cool.
- 3Slice frozen bacon into 1/2 inch pieces. Place a piece of bacon between each slice in each potato. You have to kind of pack it in, the result is that the potatoes fan out and look pretty. Salt and pepper to taste. Go easy on the salt, bacon will make it salty too.
- 4Place potatoes into a crockpot. Cut 1/2 stick of butter into slices and place 2 or 3 slices of butter on top of each potato. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
- 5Remove lid and baste potatoes with the drippings in the bottom of the crockpot. Cut another 1/2 stick of butter into slices and put on top of potatoes. Turn crockpot onto low and cook for another 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours basting with drippings every 30 minutes.
- 6Remove from crockpot and place on serving plate. Pour any drippings into a bowl and serve with potatoes