How to Make Make Ahead Creamy Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Peel and cut potatoes into like sized pieces. Place in large pot of boiling water .
- Cook until potatoes allow a fork to slide into, but are still firm enough to hold their shape. (Approx. 20-30 min. depending on size of pieces.)
- Drain potatoes, place back into pan. Use a wire potato masher, not a mixer! Mash potatoes over low heat until they release all their steam. Do not add other ingredients until this has happened.
- After some serious mashing, add butter and cream cheese. Add half and half, starting with 1/2 cup (add a little more if needed).
- Mash 'em up. I like mine with little chucks of potato. Add seasoning salt and pepper.
- You can place potatoes in a casserole dish and warm in oven & dot with more butter before serving, or refrigerate them over night. Remove from 'fridge a few hours before meal time, place in slow cooker / crock pot to reheat. Add more butter to serve!