- 5 lb
- yukon gold potatoes
- 3/4 c
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c
- half and half
- 2 tsp
- lawry's seasoning salt
- 1 tsp
- black pepper
How to Make Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- 1Peel and cut the potatoes into pieces that are generally the same size. Bring a large pot of water to a simmer and add the potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook for 30 to 35 minutes.
- 2When they are cooked through, the fork should easily slide into the potatoes with no resistance, and the potatoes should almost, but not totally, fall apart. Drain them in a large collander
- 3When the potatoes have finished draining, place them back into the dry pot on the stove. Mash the potatoes over low heat, allowing all the steam to escape, before adding in all the other ingredients.
- 4Turn off the stove and add 1-1/2 sticks of butter, cream cheese and about 1/2 cup of half and half. Mash, mash, mash.
- 5Next add seasoning salt and black pepper. Stir well and place in a medium-sized baking dish. Throw a few pats of butter over the top of the potatoes and place them in a 350 degree oven and heat until butter is melted and potatoes are warmed through.
- 6Note: When making this dish a day or two in advance, take it out of the fridge about 2 - 3 hours before serving time. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 - 30 minutes until warmed through.