CHEESY VEGETARIAN HASHBROWNS CASSEROLE
4 ozcream cheese, room temperature
1/2 csour cream
1 tspseasoned salt (such as lawry's)
1/4 tspground black pepper
1 can(s)cream of celery soup (10 3/4 oz.)
1/2 cchopped sweet onion
1/4 csalted butter, melted (1/2 stick or 4 tablespoons)
3 cextra-sharp cheddar cheese, divided into 2 c and 1 c
2 lbfrozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
1/3 cimitation (soy) bacon bits
1 1/2 Tbspminced fresh chives
How to Make CHEESY VEGETARIAN HASHBROWNS CASSEROLE
- In a medium bowl, using a fork, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add sour cream and mix thoroughly.
- Add seasoned salt, pepper and cream of celery soup; mix well.
- Add onions; mix well.
- Add melted butter and quickly mix well.
- Place oven rack in middle position; preheat oven to 350º F.
- Scrape soup mixture into a large bowl (extra large is best) and, using a large spoon or bowl scraper, stir in 2 cups of cheddar cheese and mix well.
- Add the hash browns and mix until well combined.
- Evenly sprinkle with imitation bacon bits.
- Bake at 350º F for approximately 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with chives and serve.
- Cover and refrigerate leftovers.