Cheesy Twice Baked Potatoes
- large russet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 8 oz
- tillamook natural sour cream
- 3 Tbsp
- tillamook salted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c
- triple cheddar shredded cheese
- 1 oz
- strips bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
How to Make Cheesy Twice Baked Potatoes
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F. Prepare potatoes by scrubbing clean and piercing with fork in several places. Rub olive oil over potato skins and place in oven, directly on rack.
- 2Bake for 60-75 minutes, until potatoes are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. When lightly pressed, potatoes should give under the pressure.
- 3Let potatoes cool completely. When cooled, cut each potato in half, lengthwise.
- 4Make potato boats by carefully scooping out the interior flesh, leaving the skin plus approximately ¼ inch of potato flesh intact. Set aside 6 boats and discard the remaining 6.
- 5In a large bowl, combine potato flesh with sour cream, 1 cup of cheese, butter, milk, and bacon. Mash with a potato masher until combined. Spoon mixture evenly among the 6 potato boats.
- 6Place in a large, oven-safe casserole dish, sprinkle tops with remaining cheese, and bake in a 350°F oven for approximately 20 minutes.
- 7*To make ahead: complete all steps prior to the final baking. Place loaded potatoes in an airtight container and refrigerate until 1½ hours prior to serving. To serve, remove potatoes from refrigerator, place in a large, oven-safe casserole dish and let potatoes come to room temperature. Bake in 350°F oven for approximately 20-30 minutes.