Cheesy Twice Baked Potatoes
6large russet potatoes
2 Tbspolive oil
8 oztillamook natural sour cream
3 Tbsptillamook salted butter, softened
1 1/2 ctriple cheddar shredded cheese
6strips bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
How to Make Cheesy Twice Baked Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Prepare potatoes by scrubbing clean and piercing with fork in several places. Rub olive oil over potato skins and place in oven, directly on rack.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes, until potatoes are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. When lightly pressed, potatoes should give under the pressure.
- Let potatoes cool completely. When cooled, cut each potato in half, lengthwise.
- Make potato boats by carefully scooping out the interior flesh, leaving the skin plus approximately ¼ inch of potato flesh intact. Set aside 6 boats and discard the remaining 6.
- In a large bowl, combine potato flesh with sour cream, 1 cup of cheese, butter, milk, and bacon. Mash with a potato masher until combined. Spoon mixture evenly among the 6 potato boats.
- Place in a large, oven-safe casserole dish, sprinkle tops with remaining cheese, and bake in a 350°F oven for approximately 20 minutes.
- *To make ahead: complete all steps prior to the final baking. Place loaded potatoes in an airtight container and refrigerate until 1½ hours prior to serving. To serve, remove potatoes from refrigerator, place in a large, oven-safe casserole dish and let potatoes come to room temperature. Bake in 350°F oven for approximately 20-30 minutes.