CHEDDAR HASHBROWNS CASSEROLE
4 ozcream cheese, room temperature
1/2 csour cream
1 tspseasoned salt
1/4 tspground black pepper
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup (10 3/4 oz.)
1/2 cchopped onion
3 cshredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided into 2 c and 1 c
1/4 csalted butter, melted
2 lbfrozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
1/2 ccooked and crumbled crisp bacon (may use packaged real bacon bits if preferred)
1 Tbspchopped fresh chives (optional, but nice touch)
How to Make CHEDDAR HASHBROWNS CASSEROLE
- Lightly butter or spray a 9"x13" casserole and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add sour cream, seasoned salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Add cream of chicken soup and mix well.
- Add onions and butter and mix well.
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Scrape soup mixture into a large bowl (extra large is best) and, using a large spoon or bowl scraper, stir in 2 cups of cheddar cheese and mix well.
- Add the hash browns and mix until well combined.
- Scrape into prepared casserole and smooth down evenly.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese, place in oven and bake for approximately 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle evenly with bacon, return to oven and bake for additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with chives (if desired) and serve.
- Cover and refrigerate leftovers.