CHEDDAR HASHBROWNS CASSEROLE
- 4 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 1 tsp
- seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp
- ground black pepper
- 1 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup (10 3/4 oz.)
- 1/2 c
- chopped onion
- 3 c
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided into 2 c and 1 c
- 1/4 c
- salted butter, melted
- 2 lb
- frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 c
- cooked and crumbled crisp bacon (may use packaged real bacon bits if preferred)
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped fresh chives (optional, but nice touch)
How to Make CHEDDAR HASHBROWNS CASSEROLE
- 1Lightly butter or spray a 9"x13" casserole and set aside.
- 2In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- 3Add sour cream, seasoned salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- 4Add cream of chicken soup and mix well.
- 5Add onions and butter and mix well.
- 6Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 7Scrape soup mixture into a large bowl (extra large is best) and, using a large spoon or bowl scraper, stir in 2 cups of cheddar cheese and mix well.
- 8Add the hash browns and mix until well combined.
- 9Scrape into prepared casserole and smooth down evenly.
- 10Sprinkle with remaining cheese, place in oven and bake for approximately 45 minutes.
- 11Remove from oven, sprinkle evenly with bacon, return to oven and bake for additional 5 minutes.
- 12Remove from oven, sprinkle with chives (if desired) and serve.
- 13Cover and refrigerate leftovers.