Cheddar, Corn and Salsa Mashed Spuds
- 2 1/2 lbs.n russet potatoes, peeled and cut in half, about 2 1/2 lbs.
- 1/4 cup milk or half and half
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- thinly siced green onions for garnish
How to Make Cheddar, Corn and Salsa Mashed Spuds
- 1Put potatoes in large pot and over with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cook til tender, about 20 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, put milk, butter and salt in pan. Bring just to a simmer over low heat, don't boil. Remove from heat and stir in salsa and corn.
- 3When potatoes are cooked, drain well, then return them to the pot. Shake pot over low heat for about 30 seconds to dry them out. Remove potatoes from heat and add hot milk mixture. Mash the potatoes til fluffy. Fold in cheese. Sprinkle with green onions. Serves 6