Carrie's Hot Potato Salad with Bacon
- 2 3/4 lb
- small white or red potatoes
- 1/2 lb
- bacon silces, diced
- 1 1/4 c
- chopped onion
- 1 dash(es)
- chopped red or green bell pepper
- 2/3 c
- beef stock, unsalted
- 2 Tbsp
- cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- white pepper
- fresh parsley, chopped
How to Make Carrie's Hot Potato Salad with Bacon
- 1Cook potatoes in salted water until tender, drain. Peel potatoes and slice into 1/2 inch slices.
- 2Fry bacon in a large cast iron skillet with cover until crisp. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- 3Use 1/4 bacon drippings to sauté onions until golden.
- 4Stir in the bell peppers, beef stock, cider vinegar, salt, white pepper and sugar. Cook about 1 1/2 minutes or until bell pepper is tender.
- 5Add potatoes and bacon and gently toss until combined. Cover skillet.
- 6Cook over medium heat just until potatoes are hot.
Pour into a large serving bowl and garnish with parsley.