Candied Sweet Potato Casserole
1 can(s)(40 ounce) sweet potatoes, drained
1 cbrown sugar
1/4 corange juice
1/2 cpecans, chopped (optional)
1-2 cminiature marshmallows
How to Make Candied Sweet Potato Casserole
- Combine the brown sugar, orange juice, butter and salt in a saucepan; bring to a boil and cook over low heat 5 minutes.
- Arrange the sweet potatoes in a shallow baking dish and pour the syrup over them.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 40-45 minutes, basting a few times, until glazed.
- Remove casserole from oven; stir gently to coat sweet potatoes with syrup.
- Top with pecans and marshmallows.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees and bake for another 7-10 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown.