- medium yellow potatoes (but any potato will do)
- whole garlic cloves
- to taste
- salt and pepper
- to taste
- seasonings such as paprika, vegetable seasoning, taco seasoning .. whatever you want.
- quarter c
- olive oil -- just enough to cover the bottom of the pan (you don't want to deep-fry, just sauté)
How to Make Breakfast potatoes
- 2Peel the garlic; place potatoes and garlic in the pan. Season as you see fit. Heat the oil to medium-low.
- 3Sauté and toss every now and then (adjusting heat as you go along -- you want the interior to cook rather than the exterior browning too quickly).
- 4Once they are half done -- you may have to taste to make sure!! -- lay them out on a tray lined with parchment paper. Leave quite oily since you wil be cooking them up straight from the freezer, without any additional oil. Let them cool completely.
- 5Scoop them into a freezer bag and freeze until you need them. To cook, just throw them in a fry-pan as-is, don't add any additional oil (they shouldn't need any), adjust seasoning as required, sauté on med-low until cooked through and then med-high to brown them.