Best Scalloped Potatoes
2 lbground beef
3-4 lbpotatoes, peeled and sliced thin
1 1/2 cmilk
1 dash(es)cayenne pepper
3 ccheddar cheese
·paprika to taste
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Best Scalloped Potatoes
- Brown beef and drain. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan, and blend in flour. Let it sit a minute to thicken.
- Add cold milk, salt and cayenne to the butter and flour mixture. Bring to a boil and stir until smooth.
- Reduce heat and stir in 1/2 of the cheese.
- In a 9x13 baking dish, layer half the potatoes, half the beef, and half the cheese mixture, then repeat. Add the remaining shredded cheese on top. Sprinkle the paprika on top over the cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour or until potatoes are done.