How to Make BAKE A POTATO AS QUICK AS YOU CAN (SALLYE)
- Preheat oven to 350º F
Cover shallow baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and scrub potatoes, taking care not to remove skin.
Rub dry with soft kitchen towel.
Prick potatoes with fork in 2 or three places.
- ALTERNATE FOR FASTER COOKING.
Place potatoes covered with paper towel in microwave for 5 minutes. If extra large potato, microwave 7 minutes.
This will cut down baking time considerably but is not necessary.
Remove from microwave with care; they will be HOT.
- Allow potatoes to cool enough to handle. Rub each potato with cooking oil.
Generously rub coarse salt all over, pressing down gently so it will adhere to the oiled potato.
- Place on parchment covered baking sheet and cook in preheated oven to 25-35 minutes until potato is tender.
If you don't put in microwave first, increase cooking time to 45-60 minutes.
Test by sticking skewer in potato, it should easily slide through if potato is done.
- Remove from oven and cut an "X" in the top of the potato.
Squeeze from both ends to fluff up potato.
Fill with your favorite condiments and mix gently with fork inside the skin.
Serve while still hot.
Do not wrap in aluminum foil, potato will be soggy.
This recipe will make a nice crusty potato with a soft fluffy texture.
- Condiments can include butter, sour cream, diced green onions or chives, crisp bacon crumbles, cheeses of any kind and salsa, or anything of your choosing.