Au Gratin Potatoes
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 largepotatoes, russets
1 to 2 cheavy whipping cream
3 Tbspbutter, melted
1/2 to 1 cgreen onions of desired size (optional)
6-8 ozvelveeta cheese, shredded or finely diced
1 largeyellow onion, finely diced
1/4 cheavy whipping cream
·salt, to taste
·black pepper, to taste
How to Make Au Gratin Potatoes
- Slice Potatoes to desired thickness. (Best to not go to thin.)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- [A]<b>Option 1</b> (MY FAVORITE & FASTER IN MY OPINION): Place potatoes into a gal. size Ziploc. Close Ziploc (do no worry about air). Slit three times across the top; Evenly spaced and about 2/3 to 1 1/2 inch in length. Place in microwave for about 4-7 minutes (until slightly undercooked - try not to cook all the way otherwise this will cause your dish to be more like mashed potatoes). *Time will depend on thickness of potatoes.
[B]<B>Option 2</b>: Boil until slightly undercooked. Drain and rinse with slow running cold water.
- While potatoes are cooking. Mix all ingredients for Cheese Mixture together... This should create somewhat of a sauce type texture.
- Spread melted butter over bottom of baking pan.
- Line baking pan with 1-2 layers of potatoes.
- Pour about 1/8-1/4 C heavy cream over potatoes (Do not drown potatoes in heavy cream - measurement depends on size of baking pan).
- Spread cheese mixture over potatoes. Preferably thick, this is to your desire.
- Repeat steps 6-8 until out of potatoes.
- Top with green onions. (optional)
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until potatoes are fully cooked and cheese on top has a slightly brown tint to it.