Andouille Sausage and Red Potatoes - Dee Dee's
Diane Hopson Smith
Serve with a side of cabbage and a slice of hot buttered cornbread.
Hope you enjoy!
- 1 to 2 Tbsp
- cooking oil (i used evoo)
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- 1 large
- bell pepper, chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- (14-oz) pkg andouille smoked sausage, sliced (i used johnsonville new orleans brand)
- 3 lb
- red potatoes, cubed with peel (about 5 large)
- 1 to 2 tsp
- cajun seasoning
- 2 pinch
- red pepper flakes (about 1/4 tsp) optional
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Andouille Sausage and Red Potatoes - Dee Dee's
- 1In a large skillet over a medium heat, heat oil; add onion, pepper, and garlic. Saute for about 2 minutes; add sausage. Continue cooking until sausage is hot.
- 2Add potatoes and seasonings; toss to combine, cover and continue cooking for about 25 minutes (or until potatoes are tender) stirring occassionally.
- 3Taste test; add additonal seasoning if desired.