The Best Macaroni and Cheese Ever!
1 lbmacaroni, cooked
2 can(s)campbell's cheddar cheese soup (condensed)
1 can(s)evaporated milk (15 oz can)
1 stickbutter (real)
dash(es)salt and pepper (to taste)
8 cshredded cheddar/jack cheese
9 cubesvelveeta block cheese cut into 1-inch cubes
1 ccooked and chopped bacon (optional)
1 ccroutons (your favorite flavor) run through a food processor (optional)
1 cdiced ham (optional)
5-6 sliceprovolone cheese
3 boxchicken broth (optional)
1/2 cheavy cream
How to Make The Best Macaroni and Cheese Ever!
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large, heavy bottom sauce pan, cook noodles according to package. I prefer to boil my noodles in chicken broth. This adds flavor!
- In a separate sauce pan, sauté chopped bacon until cooked through. Add the ham to the bacon/grease, and stir until heated through. With a slotted spoon, remove the meat and set aside. Add the butter to the bacon grease and melt it down. Add soups, heavy cream, and evaporated milk mixing constantly over medium heat until smooth.
- Once the cheese mix is smooth, the the noodles and mix evenly.
- Add 6 cups of the shredded cheese. Make sure the cheese sauce and shredded cheese evenly coat the noodles.
- Pour half of the noodle mix into a 13x9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle half of the bacon and ham mix over the noodles.
- Top the bacon and ham with the slices of provolone.
- Add the remaining noodles over the first layer. Spread them evenly. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer the remaining shredded cheese, bacon, and ham over.
- Poke the cubes of block cheese into the Mac evenly spread apart. These pockets of yumminess will surprise your guest!
- In a food processor or blender, pulse croutons until they become a fine breadcrumb.
- Sprinkle the crumbs over the top of the Mac.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- During the last 10 minutes remove the foil.
- This recipe is just as good without the bacon and ham.