☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·1¼ cups all-purpose flour
·1¼ cups bread flour
·1/3 cup cold water
·1 egg yolk
·1 tablespoon olive oil
·1 teaspoon salt
How to Make Homemade Noodles
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup flour and remaining ingredients. With a mixer at medium speed, beat for 2 minutes, occasionally scraping bowl. With a wooden spoon, stir in the remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 5-10 minutes. Cover dough and let rest 30 minutes.
- Cut dough in half.
- On a lightly floured surface, using a floured rolling pin, roll half the dough out as large as you can; 14x20 or larger. Noodles will get a little thicker as they cook, so you want the dough to be rolled out fairly thin.
- Repeat with other half of dough.
- Let the noodles dry completely. This can take up to 4 hours or so. Drying time can depend on the temperature it is in the house. (Sometimes I make these noodles in the evening and let them dry all night).
- When noodles are dry, break them into smaller lengths and drop them into boiling broth…or liquid. Cook for about 12 minutes.