Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
Recipe and photo adapted from Taste of Home.
1 box(8 ounce) uncooked elbow macaroni,( cooked and kept warm)
1/2 cbutter, cubed
1 1/2 cmilk
1 csour cream
8 ozvelveeta cheese, cubed
1/4 cparmesan cheese
1/2 tspdry mustard
2 cshredded sharp cheddar cheese
How to Make Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
- In a large saucepan, melt butter, stir in flour until smooth, gradually add milk, bring to a boil and cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat, stir in sour cream, Velveeta cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt, mustard and pepper.
- Drain macaroni, toss with Cheddar cheese.
- Pour into a greased 3 quart dish and add cream sauce.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.