Creamy Mac & Cheese - this is my FAV!
- 4 c
- elbow noodles, cooked slightly
- 2 c
- whole milk, no substitutions
- 1/2 lb
- monterey jack cheese, cubed
- 1/2 lb
- sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 lb
- velveeta, cubed
- eggs, whisked
- 3/4 stick
- butter, not margarine
- salt & pepper, to taste
How to Make Creamy Mac & Cheese - this is my FAV!
- 1While boiling noodles; heat milk on low. Stir cubed cheeses into milk. Let cook on low and thicken a bit.
Take a small amount of cheese mixture and set aside to cool so you can mix into 2 whisked eggs. (if you mix hot mixture into the eggs it will "cook" the eggs). Then you can mix the small amount into the full amount of cheese.
- 2Drain par-boiled noodles & spread in greased 9x13. Slice stick of butter and put on top of noodles. Top with melted cheese mixture. Season w salt & pepper. Then mix in w a fork.
- 3Bake @ 375 uncovered until thick...ard 20-30 min. **do NOT substitute different cheeses for these. It makes this taste completely different!!
***I also do this in the crock pot...Prepare the same without baking in the oven. Just put on low and cook for about 4-6 hours. Crock Pots vary.... I always top w/ additional cheese to make it look "pretty"