Wild Mushroom and Leek Stroganoff
- 3 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 lb
- leeks, white part only, 1/4" slices
- 8 oz
- white mushrooms, sliced
- 6 oz
- portobello mushrooms, cut in 3/4" slices
- 3 oz
- oyster mushrooms, chopped
- 1 c
- red wine, dry burgundy
- 1/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- freshly ground pepper
How to Make Wild Mushroom and Leek Stroganoff
- 1Heat oil in a large pot over low heat until hot. Add leeks and saute for about 10 minutes (or until soft)
- 2Add mushrooms; increase the heat to medium, and cook 5, stirrring frequently.
- 3Stir in red wine, Madeira, tomato paste, salt and pepper.; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- 4Remove cover and simmer 15 additional minutes. Serve over mashed potatoes.