Super Easy Korean Style Black Beans
- 2 c
- dried black beans
- 6 c
- 1/2 c
- soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- sugar or honey
- 1-2 clove
- garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/2 -2 Tbsp
- toasted sesame oil (make sure it is toasted sesame oil!)
- toasted sesame oil
- green onions
- fresh cilantro
- white sesame seeds
- gochujang fermented chili paste
How to Make Super Easy Korean Style Black Beans
- 1Soak the black beans in water overnight or use the quick soak method. Drain the beans.
- 2Place the drained beans in a crock pot and then fill the crock pot with water until 2/3 full.
- 3Stir in most of the soy sauce (reserving approximately 2 tablespoons for garnish), sugar or honey, garlic clove(s) and 1/2 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil.
- 4Cover and cook on LOW for 6-10 hours and cook beans until tender. Usually what I do is start the crock pot on HIGH for about 3 hours then reduce to LOW for another 5-6 hours.
- 5Transfer the cooked beans to a serving bowl. Pour some of the cooking liquid into the beans (about 1/4 cup or so.)
- 6To serve: Taste and add a little more toasted sesame oil-up to 2 tablespoons (but be careful because toasted sesame oil has a very pronounced flavor and its flavor can quickly overpower!)
Garnish with the green onions, fresh cilantro, sesame seeds and gochujang sauce.