REALLY Good Relish
8 cof chopped/peeled cucumbers
4 cof chopped/seeded green bell peppers
4 cof chopped/seeded red bell peppers
2 cof chopped celery
1 cof chopped sweet onion
1/2 cof pickling or canning salt
3 cof white vinegar
2 1/4 ccups of sugar
3 Tbspcelery seed
3 Tbspmustard seed
How to Make REALLY Good Relish
- I use a food processor to finely chop everything up.
- *In a large glass or stainless steel bowl.. combine cucumbers, peppers, celery, onion and salt...cover and let sit for 4 hours in a cool place..
- Then transfer to a colander and drain...rinse well with cool water and drain thoroughly...using your hands squeeze out the excess liquid.
- *Prepare your canner, jars and lids
- *In a large stainless steel saucepan...combine vinegar, sugar, celery and mustard seeds...stir well and bring to a boil over medium heat... add drained cucumber mixture and return to a boil,,,, be sure to stir frequently. ..reduce heat and boil gently for 10 min.
- *Put your relish in hot jars ...leaving 1/2 inch headspace..wipe rim well...place your lids on jars..place in canner.. be sure they are covered completely with water...boil for 10 min.... remove canner lid....wait 5 min. ....remove jars...cool and store..
- * Be sure to make sure the center has popped down and sealed if not you can refrigerate and eat within 2 wks