Parmesan Bacon Parsnip Mash
1 lbparsnips peeled and sliced
1/4 cparmesan chees
2 cheavy cream
1 smallshallot minced
1 Tbspfresh thyme minced
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Parmesan Bacon Parsnip Mash
- Salt and pepper the parsnips and place them in a pot.Cover them with the cream and milk. Add the bay leaf, garlic and thyme. Bring to a boil reduce to a simmer and simmer about 15 minutes until parsnips are tender.
- Meanwhile cook the bacon until crispy. Remove to drain on paper towel. Stir in the shallots in pan in bacon grease and cook until translucent.
- When parsnips are tender drain from cream reserving some of the cream.
- Add the parsnips to a food processor with the butter and a little of the cream and puree until desired texture. Use as much cream mixture to desired consistency.
- Stir in the bacon, shallots and parmesan cheese.