Mom's Holiday Cornbread Dressing
- 9x13 inch pan of cornbread (use white cornmeal)
- the insides of the turkey, (gizzards, liver)
- ribs of celery, finely chopped
- 1 large
- onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- poultry seasoning
- 1 box
- cornbread stuffing mix
How to Make Mom's Holiday Cornbread Dressing
- 11st Make cornbread, night before, let cool, then crumble in a large bowl then cover with lid, When you are ready to start your dressing,
- 2In a large pot, fill with water & put all your turkey innards (neck, liver & gizzards) in the pot and put on high, when water starts boiling let boil for 45 minutes add more water if needed. Let cool. Dip out the Gizzards and liver pieces and Throw away.
- 3In a small to medium bowl place your chopped celery, onions, Chives, Parsley & poultry seasoning & mix well. Then add the mixture to your crumbled Cornbread, and mix with hands till well blended, then Add Cornbread Stuffing Mix, and mix some more Till well blended, Make sure will mixing with hand that they are no hard pieces of cornbread, Slowly start adding the broth from the turkey gizzards, Till Cornbread mixture is well blended and moistened.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 F.
- 5Spray a 9x13 inch Pan with a non-stick spray. Spread out the Cornbread Mixture in pan evenly, Sprinkle black pepper over Cornbread mixture, Cook in oven for at least 40 minutes Till done.